Facts about Export Certificates
Most all countries in the world have government based certificates available to verify breed registry of animals but the US relies upon a range of private sector industry developed systems.
Before exporting dairy cattle to a number of places in the world from the US, there are some basic facts about the dairy cattle industry in the US that you should be aware of:
1) There are multiple dairy breed registry organizations in the United States.
2) Breed registries receive all their animal identification information from producers no different than Dairy Herd Information organizations and Dairy Record Processing Centers (DHI’s and DRPC’s)
3) Breed registry organizations receive all the production information from certified DHI milk recording organizations and certified Dairy Records Processing Centers.
4) Production based genetic information is administered by the Council on Dairy Cattle Breeding (CDCB) and provided to breed registries, DRPC’s/DHI’s and AI (Artificial Insemination) organizations.
5) The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) does NOT certify any industry organization.
6) The CDCB through the National Dairy Herd Information Associations and Quality Certification Services (NDHIA/QCS) certifies that DHI’s and DRPC’s meet quality certification requirements to provide production and identification information into the US genetic evaluation system.
7) Breed registries are NOT certified by CDCB.
8) No US breed registry, DHI, DRPC, etc. can provide a 100% guarantee that the information provided on a certificate is truthful.
In an effort to provide a certificate that all US exporters could provide that meets the demands of these foreign markets the LEA has made arrangements with our industry partners to provide a certificate that meet those needs. If you would like further information please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we provide you with additionally details. Below is pricing information for certificates for members and non-members of LEA.