For more than 30 years the Livestock Exporters Association of the USA (LEA) has been representing the livestock industry of the United States. With members from coast to coast they have exported animals from nearly every state to dozens of countries around the world.
LEA leadership find themselves being asked to serve as trade advisory members to the US Trade Representative and USDA on a regular basis. If you would like to join LEA please follow the link below!
How do We Help You as an Importer
If you are planning an export shipment there are a number of things to include in your project planning:
- Farm Price
- Inland Freight Expense
- Assembly, Quarantine, Health Tests, Documentation
These factors will help you determine the actual Customer Price (CIF)
LEA members are committed to making sure the process you go through meets the most stringent standards and have developed a Code of Practices that all exports should adhere to, they are:
...The Clients of our Members
- Provide customers with sources for livestock of the highest quality meeting required health standards.
- Promote a Code of Fair Practices for international marketing of live animals outlining responsibilities of buyers and sellers.
- Assist with export financing by advising qualified customers of financial assistance available through various government programs.
- Advise customers and members on insurance alternatives and shipping options.
- Assist with order processing for faster, more efficient service.
- Promote post-sale communication to insure satisfied buyers and future sales.
- We cooperate with APHIS/VS in developing import/export health and sanitary agreements with foreign countries; participate in import/export type seminars; provide industry input into resolving off-loading, quarantine and transit problems as the need arises, and other activities as agreed upon.
- Provide a forum to foster greater cooperation among competing firms when the common interest of all might be benefited.
- Foster the growth of technology in our business by providing a forum for the exchange of new information.
- Keep our members informed of items of mutual interest.
- Eliminate unnecessary time, effort, and expense in making our products more competitive on the world market.